ITIL® Leader: Digital and IT Strategy
ITIL Leader: Digital and IT Strategy is one of the two courses needed to achieve the ITIL Strategic Leader designation.
Copyright © AXELOS Limited 2020. Used under permission of AXELOS Limited.
All rights reserved
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate the use of ITIL guiding principles in digital and IT strategy decisions and activities
- Relate the concepts of digital and IT strategy, the service value system (SVS), and the service value chain, as well as explain how they work together to create value in markets that are being transformed by digital and information technology
You will also gain a clear understanding of:
- Why organizations need to change the way they do business in markets disrupted by digital and information technology, and relate this to the concepts of strategy they will need to master as they make these changes
- How an organization uses its digital and IT strategy to remain viable in environments disrupted by digital technology
- The strategic approaches made possible by digital and information technology to achieve customer/market relevance and operational excellence
- The risks and opportunities of digital and IT strategy
- The steps and techniques involved in defining and advocating for a digital and IT strategy
- How to implement a digital and IT strategy
Who Should Attend/Pre-requisites?
This course is for IT and business directors, heads of departments, aspiring business leaders, and other business professionals across the organization looking for guidance that will help them craft a digital vision, shape an IT and business strategy, and drive organizational change.
All intermediate level (Specialist, Leader, and Strategist courses) candidates must have an ITIL 4 Foundation certification. You must provide a copy of your ITIL 4 Foundation certificate as part of your course registration. In addition, you must have a minimum of three (3) years of IT management experience.
In-Course Assessment and Exam Details
The ITIL 4 Leader: Digital and IT Strategy includes four case study assignments that are graded in-session. Candidates must pass all the case study assignments to take the exam. This will be confirmed to candidates by the trainers before the end of the training.
Candidates who fail to complete the case study assignments in-session may be given an additional individual written assignment that is based on the same case study.
Once candidates pass the in-course assessment, they can sit for the second part of the course assessment, a 30-question multiple-choice exam. Participants may choose an exam voucher which allows them to schedule the exam at their convenience on any date after completion of the course.
Strategic Leader exam candidates are given 60 minutes to complete the exam and must receive a passing grade of 70% in order to receive their certificate.